Facebook Scholarship for students and fellowship program is intended to encourage and support promising doctoral students who participate in innovative and relevant research in the fields of computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
However, the program is open to students of every doctoral year. We also encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented minority groups.
Similarly, applications will be assessed based on the strength of the research declaration, the publication protocol, and the student’s recommendation letters.
Winners are entitled to two years of tuition and fees, an annual $170,000 allowance to cover travel and conference expenses, a paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual scholarship summit, and various ways to interact with Facebook researcher.
Facebook Scholarship and fellowship Award
1. Tuition fees and other fees for the academic year (up to two years / four semesters).
2. An annual allowance of $170,000 to cover travel and living expenses.
3. Paid visit to the Facebook headquarters for the annual scholarship summit.
To be eligible for University of Facebook Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
1. Applicants must be International students.
2. Applicants must have applied or applying to Facebook Scholarship.
3. Applicants must be fluent in English, Spanish, French & Chinese Language.
4. Applicants should check and meet the university’s admission requirements at the admission requirements page.
5. The scholarship awards and cut-offs will vary by division, faculty and college.
Research Areas for Facebook Scholarship for Students,
Applications for the scholarship will be accepted from students with research in one of the following areas listed below:
1. Applied Statistics
2. AR/VR Photonics and Optics
3. AR/VR Privacy and Ethics
4. Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
5. Computational Social Science
6. Computer Graphics
7. Computer Vision
8. Compute Storage and Efficiency
9. Distributed Systems
10. Economics and Computation
11. Instagram / Facebook application well-being and security
12. Machine Learning
13. Natural Language Processing
15. Privacy and Data Use
16. Programming Languages
17. Programming Languages
18. Social and Economic Policy
19. Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
20. Structured Data Stores
21. Systems for Machine Learning
1. 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award.
2. Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor.
3. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
Annual deadlines for applications are usually in December.
If you have any queries about applying for a Facebook Scholarship, you can contact us. We will not use your email address for any purpose other than responding to your inquiry.